This privacy statement applies to the website of:
AIMU American Institute of Marine Underwriters
14 Wall Street Suite 820, New York, NY 10005
We collect information from you on a voluntary basis for the following purpose(s):
- AIMU may request and/or collect information from you on a voluntary basis when you: (1) apply for membership with us; (2) register for an event; (3) fill out an online form or survey; or (4) request to receive the AIMU Weekly Bulletin by email. The requested information may include personal information such as name, e-mail address, telephone number, home address and business address. To be able to view some portions of the web site, we may also ask you to create a password. Billing information including credit card number, credit card billing address, and expiration date is collected to process payment for event registrations. Credit card numbers are entered on a server secured using SSL encryption. Finally, the online surveys on the web site collect information that members voluntarily submit about their businesses and expertise and that information may be shared with other members of AIMU.
- AIMU may contact you, by email to notify you about it's events. You can opt-out of receiving these emails by clicking on the unsubscribe link in the email..
- Individuals may make changes to personal information submitted for a membership application, an event registration or an online survey by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org and requesting a change. AIMU will take reasonable efforts to implement any changes requested.
Information we collect automatically
Whenever you interact with our Website, we automatically receive and record information from your browser including your IP address, the browser being used and the page you requested. This information is collected from "cookies."
What are cookies?
Cookies are files transfered to your computer or mobile device that allow your browser or mobile device to be recognized. The information stored in these files such as page viewing preferences, login information and IP addresses help make successive visits to previously browsed pages easier and faster and enhance viewing experience.
What types of data are collected by cookies from this site?
How can I limit or turn off cookies?
You may be able to change the preferences on your browser or mobile device to prevent or limit your computer or device’s acceptance of cookies, but this may prevent you from using our site most efficiently and getting the best experience. Your browser's cookie preferences can be set by choosing the following browser options. Select "Tools" or "Settings" and there find the section that corresponds to the configuration settings for cookies or for the management of privacy. Detailed information is usually provided in the Help link in the browser.
How we respond to "Do Not Track" Requests?
We currently don’t respond to “Do Not Track” browser settings from browsers visiting this web site.
Who has access to the information we collect?
- AIMU shares information voluntarily provided in survey responses with other AIMU members. If you do not want your survey responses to be shared with other members, you should not respond to a survey. AIMU cannot control its members’ use of survey responses.
How long is information kept?
- AIMU only collects, retains and uses personal information where we believe it is essential to maintain our membership lists, host events, and provide an exchange of voluntarily supplied industry-related information among our members, and other purposes intended to promote the mission of our organization and the interests of our members. We will take appropriate reasonable steps to ensure the security and integrity and timely and proper disposal of any personal information collected until it is discarded when no longer needed.
Changes to the policy
- AIMU may revise this policy. AIMU will provide you with notice of any change to this policy by posting it our website [one week] before AIMU implements the change to notify you of these changes.
If you believe that our website has collected incorrect information or if you would like to dispute any information, please contact us using the address at the top of this page.